Shop Calendar

Friday, September 18, 2009

Malabrigo Slippers

Hi folks,

Look - a correctly-timed FO Friday ;) Today, I'm showing off an adorable pair of slippers that I made a while back using Malabrigo Worsted, which is a beautiful, kettle-dyed, buttery-soft yarn available at The Nest. Just try this yarn, you'll officially be in love.

Anyway, back to the slippers. The pattern is the Plain or Flowery Slippers Pattern by Sarah Hughes. The pattern is very simple, and very quick. I knit these for a dear friend who went through a rough illness recently. I used the Pearl Ten (gray) and Calypso (pink) colorways of Malabrigo Worsted on US 7 needles. My gauge was off, and the pattern technically calls for bulky yarn, so make sure you knit a gauge swatch!

Aren't they adorable??

Until next time - happy knitting!
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment