Shop Calendar

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Finished Objects!

Okay, so it's not Friday yet, but I will not be able to post a finished object tomorrow, and I feel so guilty for not sharing an F.O. Friday in so long!! :) So I'm going to post a couple of things I've finished recently, in an effort to make up for it! I've got some really cool projects in the works right now (including a baby blanket made out of Cascade 220 superwash, a gorgeous cardigan out of Noro Cash Iroha, and a shawl made with Silk Garden Sock.) So don't worry, they'll be showing up on here soon...

In the meantime -

These socks are one of my all-time favorite pairs that I've knitted. The pattern is Herringbone Ribbed Socks, from Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn by Carol Sulcoski. This book is chock-full of creative patterns and educational instructions on how to prevent the dreaded pooling and flashing that you sometimes get when knitting with handpainted sock yarns. The yarn used in this project was Cascade Heritage Handpaints, in color #9872, and they were knit on size US 2 needles. I knit these for my husband, and he adores them. He is now begging for more pairs of handknit socks! Here are some photos:



Not too shabby, eh? The pattern is great, and very well written. The yarn was wonderful to work with, and gets softer with each washing. Both the yarn and the book are available at The Nest.

The second project I'm going to feature is a fun, easy, "quickie" of a project. PERFECT for holiday gift knitting, if I do say so myself. This funky, chunky cowl is the Cherry Garcia pattern by Adrian Bizilia. I knit it with 1 skein of Noro Yoroi (color #5), and was so happy with the finished product! This yarn is just plain awesome! The colors are so vivid and the yarn texture is so unique. I won't be able to describe it, you have to feel it to understand :) I started and finished this cowl during a 4 hour road-trip, it doesn't get any better than that, folks!

Here's a photo - it's not the best quality photo ever, but I'll be sending this cowl to The Nest, and it will be featured as a shop model for a while. The Nest has a wide variety of colors of Noro Yoroi available, so feel free to stop in and check this stuff out!


Phew, that was a lot of information! I hope you enjoyed today's projects! Until next time... happy knitting!
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment