Shop Calendar

Friday, July 10, 2009

F.O. Fridays

Hi everyone,
I suppose I'll take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Abby, I am Diana's daughter, and I have been the person primarily responsible for blog updates. I live and knit in Nashville, TN. My mother taught me to knit when she first opened her shop, but I have been knitting seriously (like, oh, everyday!) for about a year now. I really enjoy challenging myself and learning new techniques. I love sock yarn, and have built up quite a nice stash of it. And while I love to knit socks, I especially enjoy knitting non-sock items with sock yarn (who knew it was so versatile??). When I'm not knitting, I work at Vanderbilt University (conducting research on Autism), and I enjoy hanging out with my husband and our two spoiled dogs, exercising, and the occasional good book.

I am going to try something new with the shop blog - Finished Object Fridays (F.O. Fridays for short). Each Friday, I will post a photo of something I have knitted with yarn purchased at The Nest. I hope to open this forum up to other Nest Knitters, so if you'd like to show off your lovely work, please email photos and a summary (yarn, pattern, etc.) to newsfromthenest@gmail.com

For our first F.O. Friday posting, I'd like to present my newest finished project. It is one that I am extremely excited about - my first lace shawl (it's actually a mini-shawl, a "shawlette"). The pattern is Ishbel, by Ysolda Teague, who is a very creative young knitwear designer. The pattern is wonderfully written, and perfect for the novice lace knitter. And the word on the street is that the shawlette is an up-and-coming trend in the knitting world. :) My shawlette was knit on US 5 24" circular needles, and the yarn is the oh-so-fabulous Malabrigo Sock in the Turner colorway.

So, here are some photos for your viewing pleasure:



Have a great weekend!
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment