Shop Calendar

Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy 2010 from The Nest!

Hello everyone,

Happy new year! 2009 was quite a year for The Nest! We celebrated our 5th anniversary, knit hundreds of chemo caps for our 2nd annual Knit for Life, and made lots of new friends. We hope that 2010 is just as exciting, and we're planning lots of great events and classes to get the year started off right! :)

Myself, I've been quite busy with the holidays and life in general. Luckily, I've been doing lots of knitting to keep myself sane the past couple of months, so I have tons of great projects to share with you! One of my New Years Resolutions is to update this blog on a regular (i.e., weekly) basis, so keep checking back for more projects and ideas.

The project I'm featuring today is a sweater vest I knit for my sister for Christmas. It is the Heather Hoodie pattern , by Debbie O'Neill, published in the Fall 2009 Knitscene. It was so much fun to knit, and turned out beautifully (if I do say so myself). I used size US 10 needles (32" circulars), and 14 balls (994 yards) of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky in color # 17034. (NOTE: The pattern calls for US 10.5 needles, but I was trying to size down the 38" size a bit, so I made my gauge a smidge tighter than called for in the pattern.)

The fat needles and chunky yarn - combined with a simple, but entertaining, cable pattern - make this a really fast and delightful pattern! Without further ado, photos!





No comments:

Post a Comment